Recipe for 8 people
Preparation time : 50 minutes
Making the pastry
- 250g of flour
- 125g of softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp of Sunny Via® agave syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 to 3tbsp of cold water
Making the filling
- 4 large organic lemons (to obtain 150ml of lemon juice)
- 95g of Sunny Via® agave syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1tbsp of corn starch
Making the pastry
- Put the flour, salt, diced softened butter and Sunny Via® agave syrup into a large bowl.
- Rub through your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and mix to form the dough.
- Add a little water if required. Make the dough into a ball as soon as all of the ingredients are mixed in.
- Wrap in cling film and transfer to the fridge for 2 hours.
- Roll the pastry out on a floured surface, then use a pastry cutter to cut out circles approximately 8cm in diameter.
- Prick the base with a fork and blind bake in an oven preheated to 200°C for 5 minutes. Turn the temperature down to 180°C and bake for a further 10 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Making the lemon filling
- Zest the lemons then squeeze them to obtain 150ml of juice.
- Put the juice and zest into a saucepan and heat gently.
- At the same time, strongly whisk the eggs with the Sunny Via® agave syrup in a large bowl. Add the corn starch and continue to whisk.
- Continue to whisk as you gradually add the warm lemon juice.
- Immediately pour the mixture into the saucepan and heat gently, stirring until it thickens.
- Transfer to a dish, place a layer of cling film directly onto the mixture and allow to cool for at least 2 hours.
Assembling the tartlets
- Pour the lemon filling into the tart bases up to the ¾ mark.
- Decorate with a few mint leaves or verbena leaves and lime wedges. A deliciously fresh desert !